We are looking for a hard-working, dedicated HVAC Service Technician to join our growing staff. The individual in this role will be responsible for servicing, inspecting, and fixing our customers’ heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. Candidates should have extensive experience handling, servicing, and fixing HVAC equipment, and be comfortable working with little to no supervision.
Ace is a family owned and operated company with excellent reputation seeking a Service Technician to join our team. Being family owned and operated we feel we offer an excellent work environment where you are not just treated as a number. Harmony is the name of the game and team work is how our company operates. Everyone does what it takes to get the job done. If you’re a great team player, then you may be a great fit for our company.
Service Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to homes and businesses on a daily basis as scheduled
- Perform consultations with customers
- Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods
- Service all makes and models of heating, cooling, and ventilation systems
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues
- Ability to correctly and safely troubleshoot both low and line voltage to cooling and heating equipment
- Repair damaged HVAC systems
- Repair minor gas leaks
- Ability to replace compressors, txv’s, coils and reversing valves utilizing appropriate methods specified by manufacturers and company standards
- Sell ongoing maintenance contracts to current customers
- Maintain accurate inventory of all truck stock
Requirements and Qualifications
- Possession of 3 years HVAC service
- Possession of High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
- Possession of EPA certification
- NATE certification a plus
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Knowledge of residential and light commercial HVAC systems
- Must have an honest and dependable personality
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong ability to distinguish between various HVAC equipment
- Self-motivated individual with strong ability to follow instructions and work alone, as well as work effectively within a team
- Ability to display professional company image
- Possession of appropriate hand tools
- Possession of valid VA driver’s license with good record of driving
- Ability to pass a background check for criminality
- Strong ability to write and read in English language
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 100lbs safely
- Strong ability to operate in attics for long periods of time during summer months
- Ability to work on weekends, at night, and to work overtime
- Ability to climb, stoop, balance, crouch, crawl, or/and kneel continually.
Our company offers many great benefits including FREE health care, FREE dental care, FREE vision care, life insurance, 401K, growth opportunities, paid education and a company supplied vehicle to take home.
Please respond here and attach your current resume to this ad, and put HVAC Service Technician in the subject field, if this opportunity interests you. Serious candidates only.